I. Who to apply
Foreigners who previously had Chinese nationality and their children, foreign children of Chinese citizens who need to stay for a short time in Guangzhou to visit relatives, conduct business negotiations, undertake science, education, culture, health and sports exchanges, or deal with private affairs, or who need to stay for a long time in Guangzhou to work, study, visit relatives and deal with private affairs.
II. What to Prepare
1. The original and photocopy of a valid passport or other international travel documents and visa;
2. "Foreigner Visa Documents Application Form";
3. A digital photo of the entry-exit certificate of Guangdong Province and the receipt of digital photo collection and examination;
4. Valid "Registration Form of Temporary Accommodation for Foreigners";
5. A copy of the passport, household registration certificate, ID card and other documents that can prove the nationality of the People's Republic of China (or the certificate that the parents have/once had the nationality of the People’s Republic of China), or the original overseas Chinese certificate issued by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office above county level;
6. Supporting materials that are consistent with the purpose of the application:
(1) Those who apply for ordinary visas:
① Those who visit relatives need to submit the proof of their relationship with the relatives visited, the original and photocopy of the relatives' local permanent residence permits and identity certificates (refer to "Q2 Visa");
② Those engaged in business negotiations or science, education, culture and health exchanges must submit an invitation issued by the relevant reception unit (refer to "F visa" and "M visa");
③ Those who handle private affairs must submit proof related to the purpose of the application, the application letter and the guarantee letter (refer to "S2 Visa");
④ If overseas Chinese who were born in Guangdong or whose original household registration location is Guangdong apply for a visa, they must submit relevant materials in accordance with 16 policies. (Refer to clause 12 of the 16 policies)
(2) Those who apply for a residence permit:
① Those who apply for a work-type residence permit can directly apply for a residence permit of no more than five years with a work permit and a letter of guarantee from the employer; They can also directly apply for a residence permit for private affairs of no more than five years with the entrepreneurial plan (indicating "Entrepreneurship").
② Those who apply for a study-type residence permit can directly apply for a residence permit of no more than five years using the application letter of the school;
③ Those who apply for a residence permit for private affairs such as visiting relatives, buying houses and seeing a doctor can directly apply for a residence permit of no more than five years with the corresponding application materials;
④ Overseas Chinese who were born in Guangdong or whose original household registration location is Guangdong can directly apply for a residence permit of no more than five years in accordance with the 16 policies.
III. Where to Go
Exit-Entry Administration Division of Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau, the exit-entry administration agency of the public security organ at the county (district) level entrusted by the Exit-Entry Administration Division of Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau.
It will be completed in seven working days.